Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Miss TRON Mode.. Again!


The past couple of days, I've spent my free time here in the office revisiting old websites. I dunno how Ryan and I got into talking about online games yesterday but I found myself google-ing hapland and started playing. I almost didn't remember to do the same today but I got into the "I miss TRON" mode again, thanks to Ash. IT blocked the non-work-related sites but being the TRONies that we were, we always had proxies to share to the team. I still can't help but smile thinking about the thrill of discovering a new move for hapland then adding it unto the sequence that somebody had previously solved, the groans when making the wrong move for the leap frog game, the excitement of beating the timer for the multipopword and making sure we finish giving TS steps before the next game begins and the complaints of blurry vision because of too much stereograms. Then there were the Jabber trivias where replies were nanoseconds apart. Taking your eyes off the conference room would make you feel like a lost puppy in the forest by the time you get back. We hated long hold times but we would always be glad to be on hold for as long as possible when the trivia moderator says he/she's ready. And who would forget chat convos that goes like this: cat tool low boat moo (katol lubot mo), boy sit (bwisit), pest tea (pisti), lychee (leche). Hahay. Those were the days.

HOME

No comments: