Friday, December 14, 2007

Need Glasses?

Have you ever asked yourself this, "How many among your friends wear prescription glasses?"

I have at least ten who does. I used to have one but I lost it. I used them only when I had migraine attacks back in high school. My vision is still 20-20. When I got my driver's license three years ago, the officer told me there's something wrong with my right eye and I argued telling him I covered my eye too hard when he was doing the test that's why it was blurry. He believed me.

Talia sent me this video that's why I chose this topic. I can't get over it. It's sooo funny. So you guys, take care of your eyes.. you don't want this to happen to you. Check it out! [Please click on the PLAY button again if it doesn't play the first time. There's latency in blogger video uploads. Or click HERE to be directed to my multiply video page.]



The Cebu pioneers for our company met at our CEO's house yesterday morning to plan for our Christmas Party. After a long time, I was directly involved in planning a party. I used to be the president of our village youth group, I ousted myself in the middle of my first year but my successor did a very bad job so they asked [begged] me to take over. I organized a basketball league and I would wake up in the morning with two basketball teams in uniforms waiting by our gate 'coz they can't start without me. I used to organize graduation tributes, valentines and halloween parties and the most unforgettable millenium vigil where I was able to convince all homeowners to gather in front of our house and bring food to celebrate together. The countdown to welcome year 2K was amazing! I also took care of annual fiesta preparations. From the solicitations to arranging masses, programs and bayle as we commonly know it and creating programs for adults, teens and kids. The village council asked me to run for Sandigang Kabataan [a city-wide Filipino youth organization] but my dad discouraged me as I rarely have time to spend with my friends from school [grades were never an issue]. Sigh, those were the days. Although, every year since I left Bacolod, I still get SMS from the rest of the committee who are still active asking me if I can come home and help out. It would be arrogant to say this but I was very effective that's why I always hear them say "it could have been better if you were here." Anyway, back to the Christmas Party.. We made plans of having parlor games [read: naughty] and I think it would be a fun-filled night [even if I have to leave early for Bacolod, waaaaaaah!]. It would be a pool party so it's gonna be wet and wild! You'll find out how it goes anyway. Wishful thinking: if you bookmark this site. **wink**

No comments: