Monday, October 29, 2007

Beaches


IMDb: A privileged rich debutante and a cynical struggling entertainer share a turbulent, but strong childhood friendship over the years.

Talia and I went to SM last Sunday but since I've watched almost all movies there and I watched Stardust again last Saturday with Joedel who was assigned here to lecture for a few days, we decided to spend the afternoon at Starbucks. We sat there for about 2 hours and can't think of any interesting topic and the magazines that we got were old so we decided to head off to her place while I wait for 6pm to meet up with my officemates at Ayala [a newbie invited us for a night of eating, drinking and sing-all-you-can since it was their town's fiesta-Consolacion, pictures to be posted in the next few days ---> 10.30.2007: Here it is.]. We wanted to watch The Buzz but she saw her VCD copy of Beaches and she told me it's one of her all-time favorite movies. A few minutes into it and I was already hooked that I completely forgot that my officemates were waiting for me. I laughed at how absurd the clothes and hair were back in the 80's. By the end of the movie, I was busy wiping my tears off and I cursed Talia 'coz I could have borrowed the CD and watch it alone at home and cry my heart out without anyone seeing me. I was deeply moved by the friendship shared by CC and Hill that I wanted to break the TV when the latter died. It's heartbreaking to be slapped with the truth that in this world, nothing is permanent and we can lose the ones we love anytime. It's kinda mushy to say things like this but really, it made me realize a lot of things like consider patching the gap between me and my father. It's too complicated to discuss and most of my friends have advised me to do something about it but I always tell them they don't understand me. Hopefully, I can come up with decision in time for his birthday on November 15.

HOME

No comments: