Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Dunno, Bro!

The last few days had been crazy. Wait, that's an understatement. I thought what happened yesterday was the worst, but nothing compares to the news we received earlier today. For those who have heard us talk about our company, you should have an idea. It's eating me up inside. At this point, I can't openly talk about it as the issue has not been totally put to rest. I wish I didn't have to feel this bad. Six months into this company and I have completely fallen in-love with it.. with the opportunity to work with amazing people and it sucks to think about what's gonna happen in the next few days. Aaarrrggghhh! The only consolation that I have is the determination of the people who are still here and are willing to work things out. If you're thinking about moving to a start-up company, think again. I never thought it would be this tough. Sigh. I swore.. no, I promised the team I'll stop blogging while I'm in the office but I feel that this is the only way that I can somehow ease my anxiety. Ikadlaw ang libog as Ilonggos would always say when faced with a problem. It means laugh your worries away. And I have Ryan, the perverted step-son of Satan (who's now sitting next to me) to take care of that as he always has something to say about anything - read: bastos. Bahala na si Batman. We repeatedly asked ourselves earlier "what now?" and we can only say the company's generic answer "I dunno bro".. As I look around the office though, I can't help but smile with the thought that I'm surrounded by people that are all but quitters. But I'm just wondering, if winners never quit and quitters never win.. who the hell said quit while you're ahead?

On the lighter side, American Idol Season 7 has kicked off and the auditions are still very entertaining, especially the one in Dallas, TX. Here's my bet so far.

Kady Malloy




And here are those that made me roll on my bed laughing..

Tammy Tuzinski




Douglas Davidson




And definitely not the least.. (is he Filipino?)

Renaldo Lapuz




HOME

No comments: