Monday, January 14, 2008

Crazy/Beautiful


IMDb: When fate steps in and brings together two high school seniors from opposite sides of the track, it's something crazy/beautiful in this sexy, fun and energetic story of first love. Nicole (Kirsten Dunst) is the 17-year-old troubled daughter of a wealthy congressman who never met a rule she didn't break. Carlos (Jay Hernandez) is a grade A student with big dreams who endures a two-hour bus ride every morning to attend high school in an upscale L.A. neighbourhood. Their innocent flirtations quickly develop into passionate love, but Nicole's self-destructive behaviour threatens their relationship and puts Carlos' promising future in jeopardy. Will their intense passion keep them together despite the objections of their families or will Carlos be forced to plan his future without Nicole? Surprises lie at every turn in this wildly seductive and critically acclaimed drama.

I was channel browsing earlier while waiting for my BF who promised to drop by before going to eTel for his contract signing [yey!!! he's now officially a call boy/tech support agent, a profession he detested but got into because of my persuasion] when I suddenly felt the urge to watch this movie despite my dislike of Kirsten Dunst. I haven't heard of this movie before and it's only now that I learned it got so many good reviews. I thought it would just be another chick flick but soon I realized there was more to it than the usual boy-meets-girl story. There were heartbreaking lines [especially when Nicole talks to her dad] that made me cry so hard.

Nicole: "Why do you hate me so much? How could you tell the only person in the world that I love, that I care about so much, how could you tell him to stay away from me? Do you think that the only thing I'll ever do to someone is screw them up? That I'm not worth loving? "

Nicole: "Sometimes you look at me like you wish I wasn't there... like I'd just disappear. And it hurts so much..."

Nicole: "I know I'm not the easiest person to love... but could you try anyway?"

Nicole: "There are millions of people out there. But in the end it all comes down to one. I still panic sometimes, forget to breathe. But I know there's something beautiful in all my imperfections. A beauty in which he held out for me to see, a strength that can never be taken away."

Nicole: "I want to be good for you."
Carlos
[HOT!!!]: "You are good for me."
Nicole: "Not if I keep taking you away from everything you've worked so hard for. I want to make things better for once, not worst. Cause I really want to be with you, I can't keep running away from things."
Carlos: "I'm here for you.
Nicole: "I know you are."

It's not gonna feel the same reading it as to actually seeing the movie and understanding the whole story. I feel like crying reading these lines all over again. This is now officially under my all-time fave movies!

HOME

No comments: