Saturday, January 5, 2008

Does It Really Matter?

I've been thinking about this topic since December 22 on our way to Bacolod. I travelled with Gwenk and her cousin and his wife, who I later found out had been together for a long time but haven't been blessed with a child. As I sat at the backseat looking at them, I can't help but ask how they can still be happy? It amazed me as I saw contentment and happiness despite the one thing that's supposedly what binds a couple more than a marriage contract. Questions like "is it worth it losing the one I love just because he/she can't give me a child?" or "would I be happier with the father/mother of my child even if I love somebody else?" I've been wanting to have a baby for almost 3 years now. I dunno if there's something wrong with me or is it the fact that I work nights, I drink, I smoke and my eating habit is beyond normal. Thinking of that wonderful couple made me realize that two people in-love can still be happy even without a child.. and I can only hope if things gets worse and I find out I really can't have one of my own, I can genuinely say that I'm okay.

HOME

No comments: