Monday, November 12, 2007

Stay Awake!!!


Woke up at 4pm Friday afternoon last week and survived until the end of work hours at 9am. I craved for sleep but there was a change of plan and most of us wanted to go videoke-ing [again, I'm not sure if there's such a word] so we went to Taiyo and ate breakfast then waited until 11am 'coz the f*ckin' operator at Fisherman's Net wasn't there yet. We agreed on staying there for a couple of hours but 2 became 3 and I didn't care anymore. We belted out songs by Hearts and BeeGees and even Aegis. Yes! Aegis! The local band who popularized Luha, Halik and Basang-Basa Sa Ulan. We were all pissed drunk that 2 of us were already sleeping on the couch of that private room we didn't even care asking how much per hour. I left at about 2 or 3, i can't remember. Went home and took a quick shower then off to Kit Sarap [sister of Sinangag Express] to grab a bite. I had to go home and change my top 'coz I spilled gravy all over my blouse. Did I say we got drunk? Anyway, I met my bestie at SM 'coz he had been waiting for Balls of Fury, which is funny 'coz I remember laughing at a few scenes but I was sleeping for the most part of it. We ate dinner afterwards at Shakey's but I was shivering like crazy and I almost fell off my chair so I walked out on him. I collapsed just as I locked my bedroom door and dropped my bag on the floor. How's that for a weekend starter?

Sunday, went to SM with Talia and watched Wedding Daze. It was an afternoon of eating and laughing. I had to buy a new top at Bench 'coz I spilled rocky road ice cream all over my shirt. Talk about being clumsy for 2 consecutive days. Then I went to my besties house and was quite upset that his mom came home from Bohol. It's his birthday the following day and I planned on staying overnight so I can be the first to greet him. I went home, washed and put on my PJ's when I got a text message saying a GR girl is in labor. So I changed and went off to Cebu Doc. It was the fourth time I saw a friend or relative's baby a few minutes after it was born. The feeling is both special and depressing. Special 'coz it's amazing how that baby was just inside the tummy a few hours back and depressing 'coz I can't help but wonder when I'm gonna have my own. I am 24 and my mom gave birth to me at this age. I have to admit, I cry whenever I see blood coming out of my "vagigi" when I used to cry whenever I don't. Yes, I want to have a child at this point in my life and the father can abandon me for all I care. Sigh.

Today, I went to Khai's house while waiting for my bestie to let me know that he's on his way home from LTO. Then I went to Yellow Cab to buy him a treat and I almost threw my cellphone away when I learned they don't accept credit cards. Then I thought, I haven't fully paid HSBC for my phone [SE Z710i], so I settled for a couple of Marlboro while waiting. I only had P1,200 left and the pizza was almost P500. The taxi fare from Mango Avenue to Lapu2x was about P150 and I remember that it's still Monday so I still have four days before payday. Good thing the cab driver was so interesting to talk to, that for awhile, I forgot that I'll have to starve myself a little the next few days. Another P100 plus for my fare back to the city.. Hmmm, I think I still have P500 left on my ATM account. I got there and watched Jeepers and Creepers II, and The Ring.. with his mom, tsk! I had to leave at 8pm for our Monday potluck dinner which I learned from a text message while I was at the taxi would be at our CEO's house. The dinner then became a meeting and we talked about closing deal/s before December 15. Now, I realize I wouldn't be able to do that if I continue blogging when I'm supposed to work so I gotta go now and grab a cup of coffee first 'coz I'm so f*ckin' sleepy.. So sleepy that I think this rambling doesn't make any sense. It's only 4:56am and wrap up meeting starts at 8am and ends at 9am. Claudine, STAY AWAAAKE!!!

HOME

No comments: