Monday, April 21, 2008

I Miss You, PPI!!!


A few more days and it'll be a month of bumming around. I don't mind except that I'm close to being really broke! LOL! Me and my former officemates met up for a night of talking and drinking last Saturday. Funny to know that 6 out of 7 are jobless. But everybody was happy. Not totally but at least we laughed our worries away. Our professional relationship was short-lived but we bonded like no other team has. I never really talked about the experience, but now I'm open.

Our previous company was very unconventional. We go thru each day thinking tomorrow we won't have any company to go back to.. Like each day was our last. It was like being The Apprentice / Housemates of Big Brother. Each week, we were given tasks/challenges to test how serious we were with the job and to know how dedicated we were. Even before we started working, we were already given a test. We were asked if we were willing to relocate to Bacolod [back to Bacolod, I mean] and despite everything that worries me about coming home, I said yes and so as the others. I slowly said goodbye to my friends here in Cebu and my family was happy that I was coming back. Next morning, I got a text message saying I passed the test and those who said they weren't willing to relocate were subtly fired. There were nights that we had to leave work and travel all the way from Gorordo to Talamban only to be welcomed with vodka, tequilla, beer and chips. If you think it was all fun, you're wrong. Those who were too drunk and got crazy were let go. One wrong move and you're out. We get "fuck you!" and "you're stupid!" at times but it was on to the left ear and off to the right. Someone once said it was all MIND GAMES and we couldn't agree more. I could go on with all the insane tests we got thru. How we survived countless eviction days/nights but you might just think I'm making it up.

We believed in each other. We laughed and cried together. We planned our future together. We comforted each other. Gained weight together, LOL! Sang Last Night, I Love You Brother and Will You Count Me In together.. Yes, it was short-lived but I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I'm not angry, maybe a li'l.. and I'm not blogging about this because I want to make a point. I'm talking about this because I miss the team.. A LOT! PPI [Party People International.. or President's Plan Incorporated] will always have a place in my heart.. Awwwwww..

HOME

No comments: