Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Price

I'm sick, literally. Windows closed, fan off, yet I was shivering under my blanket the whole day yesterday. I rarely get sick but when I do, it's usually due to my allergy. I'd like to think this is because it's already the rainy season but my mother insists that I probably stress myself too much with work. She worries a lot that nobody's here to take care of me and I would always tell her I can manage. Since I moved here in Cebu back in July 2004, I have learned to depend on nobody but myself. I learned to wash my own clothes and cook for myself, albeit instant. I revel on the fact that I don't have to worry about asking for permission whenever and wherever I wanna go, that I don't have to explain why I came home late or why I stayed up all night. Freedom, independence.. things that I so wanted to have when I was still living with my parents. For the most part, I love living on my own. But there are days when I just wish I was still at home and be awaken by my siblings' constant bickering [at least I'm not talking to myself, which I don't mind doing since I'm always alone].. when I go the kitchen and find breakfast ready, with coffee made specially for me.. when I don't have to worry about trips to the laundromat.. and have all the other things that my parents have generously provided me. Just like yesterday and today, I can't help but wish Mama was here to give me her TLC. I guess, this is the price I have to pay for my freedom and independence.

HOME

No comments: