Monday, September 17, 2007

It's a good thing!


Have you ever swore off drinking 'coz you had too much the previous night and you woke up the following morning rushing to the rest room, puking your lungs out and feeling your head throb like crazy? It happened to me one too many times back in college and I guess I'm way over that time when all I worry about is fitting in.. to be accepted by a group because I do the things they do. As I look back, I can't help but laugh at myself for worrying too much of other people's opinion of me - to the extent of forcing myself to engage in what we used to call our "drinking session" even if I'm not in the mood. Point is, [note: copied from a text message] - "Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. Why waste your time thinking what others will tell you. Instead, do what makes you happy."

Now that I've developed the "i-don't-give-a-damn" attitude, I do things I never would have thought of doing before like refusing to take a swig, or even a sip. Not that I don't drink at all anymore.. I just have the balls now to push the bottle away from me. Yeah I'm a sucker but heck, I feel great the next day while they all nurse their hangovers. And, to borrow Martha Stewart's trademark tag line, "it's a good thing!"

HOME

No comments: