Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shit Happens..

While moms are frantic about what they're cooking.. While dads are busy thinking about what liquors they should get.. And while children are pre-occupied about their fingers being still complete by new year.. I, on the otherhand, for not being able to go back to sleep (thanks to my stupid college teacher who made me laugh like there's no tomorrow with his texts) just deliberated whether I should wear red or black. I decided on the latter. It's a dark day anyway for me and my family who bombarded me with text messages earlier today asking me to at least try and come home for new year. While I was able to negotiate a swap with an Ilonggo fellow officer to have a new year off instead of christmas (thanks to those who had it approved in less than an hour!), cringe at the thought of squeezing in a non-aircon bus for an 8-hour travel.

I cried myself to sleep earlier for two reason. First, one of my previous agent was advised to resign (or terminated, I'm not quite sure what happened after I logged out) and I felt responsible for it. God knows I was not thinking of filing an incident report. I don't want to go into details though. I felt really bad for somebody losing his job a day before christmas. But rules are rules and unfortunately, I'm in a position where I sometimes have to be insensitive to make sure these rules are followed. Sigh. Shit happens.. Even on christmas..

Second, I terribly miss my family and it sucks to be away from home during the holidays. Worse, I'll be working. It's almost 8.30pm and I'll login at 10pm. I decided to be early 'coz being alone in my room makes me want to get a knife and slash my wrist.
But wait, there's more! I got a free ride on my way here. I hailed a habal2x and even demanded angrily to drop me in front of McDonald's when the driver said he can't. I wished the ground swallowed me whole when he said when I was about to pay, "cge lang, wala man ko namasahero, maayong pasko.." Unsa ka liki! Ulaw to the highest level!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments: