Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pearl Oh Pearl!!!


I can't stop thinking about Pearl. I've watched her videos again and again and again. I can't get enough of her. I've been trying to get a decent picture of her but there's none so I just hit Print Screen and edited the pix on the Good Cop, Baby Cop video. I want to see and write about her more but apparently, she retired, hehehehe. Here are some trivias. Got it from this site.
  • The Landlord was posted in early April 2007 to FunnyOrDie, which is a new website founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.
  • At the height of its popularity The Landlord was downloaded more than 7 million times in one 24-hour period.
  • Adam McKay has directed several of Will Ferrell's movies including Talladega Nights and Anchorman. He also appears in The Landlord video as Ferrell's roommate.
  • The FunnyOrDie venture is overseen by the duo's Gary Sanchez Productions, with funding from the venture capital firm Sequoia Partners (which in the past has provided funding for Apple, Google, YouTube and Apple).
  • Pearl, the "landlord" in the video, is Adam McKay's own daughter. Pearl's mother and McKay's wife is Shira Piven, the actress sister of Jeremy Piven, star of HBO's Entourage.
  • The Landlord has stirred controversy for featuring a toddler swearing, but Adam McKay responded by telling People magazine: "Fortunately she is in this great stage now where she repeats anything you say to her and then forgets it right away, which is key. She has not said the 'B-word' since we shot the thing.
  • McKay describes The Landlord as being shot on a whim, as he and Ferrell invited over a friend with a video camera and shot all the footage in just 45 minutes.
  • Farrell and McKay see FunnyOrDie.com as a competitor to YouTube, and have instituted a unique rating system that lets viewers elevate or banish user-contributed content by voting on a scale that defines the clips as Immortal, Walking Tall, Kinda Cute, Uh-Oh, or The Crypt.
  • McKay has said in interviews that he expects more celebrities from the comedy world to submit content to FunnyOrDie from time to time.
  • Creative Artists Agency is also involved in FunnyOrDie.com, and will be reportedly watching the submissions closely in an effort to sign tomorrow's brightest comedians.
This one I got from another site.

At the request of PEOPLE, McKay made Pearl available, via email, for an interview. Her answers were funny, candid – and sounded suspiciously like those of an adult comedy director:

  • How old are you, Pearl?
I 2 years old. But when I wear my Dora shirt I look one-and-a-half.
  • What are some of your favorite things to do when you not hassling people for the rent?
I like to put my hands in the fountain. I watch Wonderpets. I like to buy old houses and flip them for a profit so I can buy boxes of Gallo wine.
  • Are you always so angry?
Will Ferrell no pay rent. I want my money. That's why I mad.
  • What makes you laugh?
I like when my big sister Lili do the funny dance. I like when kitty chases string. I like when the sheriff puts peoples stuff in street cause they no pay rent. You pay rent!!
  • What do you think of Daddy's friend Will Ferrell? What is he like?
He silly. He have doggies at his house. He also not getting his deposit back for water damage in the hallway.


Here are some of the recordings from The Landlord. Pearl Oh Pearl!!!



No comments: