Sunday, March 29, 2009

Taken

I was literally at the edge of this battered computer chair for the most part of Liam Neeson's Taken. It's now officially one of my all-time favorite movies eventhough the plot was almost the same with that of Harrison Ford's Firewall.

"I don't know you who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a ransom, I can tell you, I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills acquired over a very long career in the shadows, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you."


And he did. He took down the entire syndicate just to get his daughter back. I think Maggie Grace looked retarded whenever she runs, which she did in a number of scenes. But she's pretty and I think she has Jessica Alba features in some angles.. This movie should be a lesson to freedom-craving teenagers (cue in my father's eye rolling).

I've been trying to resist blogging about American Idol and I think I'm doing okay because it's been awhile since I mentioned it in any of my blogs. But there's an idol wannabe that's been making me excited the same way David Archuleta did. Anoop Desai!!! I think he's really good. I've seen his performances and even old YouTube videos with his choir. There's something about him that makes me want to look forward to his performances. I want him to stay long in the competition along with Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey and Allison Iraheta who almost made me shit my pants with her rendition of Alone.

I need to crash..

HOME

No comments: