Saturday, July 18, 2009

Story of Judson

Eversince I saw YouTube sensation Rin on the Rox's version of Star Spangled Banner a week ago, I've been obsessed about looking for the best rendition from both artists and ordinary people. Then I stumbled upon this video of a two-year old cutie. His name is Judson Levasheff and based on the video info posted by his mom: Jud died 6 mo. after this video was taken. He was just 2 years, 4 months old (28 months) in this video, singing the Star Spangled Banner. On November 7, 2007 Judson died from an extremely rare genetic, incurable, terminal disease, called Krabbe, a leukodystrophy, that in just a short time (since May 2007, right after this video was taken) caused him to become mute, blind, fully paralyzed, and more. For more information about Jud you can go to www.StoryOfJudson.com


I've watched all his videos even before I visited his website and I have never cried this hard (even as I'm typing this) in a looong time. I fell in-love with the kid and I don't really care if I'm acting like a baby crying for someone I don't personally know. Sigh..

Here's an excerpt from his book that will soon be published.. This a journal entry by Jud's mom.. Ugh, I can't stop crying!

Journal Entry
August 7, 2007 - Tuesday
A Welcome Disruption

I feel like my heart is breaking into a million pieces. Not only was it a difficult day facing some realizations after a visit to Jud's doctors, but I came home to a little boy whose very countenance grips me at the core...

...This evening, I laid there in bed with him and didn't want to let go of his frail frame. I felt his stiff ankles and longed for the touch of my hand to soften them. I massaged his calves as they spasmed, and wished I had the power to ease his pain. I kissed his eyes, desiring for the softness of my lips to restore his sight. I listened to his voice as he struggled to express himself, and then kissed his lips hoping it would breathe life back into his speech. I stroked the hair on his head, entreating God to heal his brain.

I finally tore myself away from the extended embrace of his diseased body and sat on the bean bag chair next to his bed. Without a word, he reached his fragile hand around the bed rail for me to hold. As tears rushed down my face in the quietness of his room, I started to tickle the palm of his hand. The silence of the night was interrupted with laughter. It was a welcome disruption from my pain.

Jud's body is broken, and my heart is broken. Please God, restore them both!



2 comments:

Christina said...

Claudine...I am so touched by this. Thank you for caring about our boy. Thank you for your words and thank you for your tears. They touch us deeply!

Peace and grace to you,
Christina Levasheff

cLauDinE® said...

thanks for dropping by, thank you too 'coz your being strong thru all this inspires me.. btw, jessie girl is soooo cute.. =)